All of our classes are held at Old School Fitness, Coventry, Allesley Village, CV5 9GT
• The purpose of Yoga is to unite the mind, body, and spirit.
• Yoga believes the mind and body to be as one whole structure, as a way to heal the body, and help to find mental harmony.
• Yoga gives the body more flexibility and promotes relaxation even in the most stressful of times.
• In Yoga, several movements are performed on an exercise mat and the weight of the body is used as a resistance for the exercise.
• Movements are poses that are designed for different needs and purposes.
• Pilates is a system of exercises designed to improve posture, physical strength, flexibility and enhance mental awareness.
• Pilates exercises the entire body in addition to the mind.
• The focus is on the core of the body so the rest can freely move and this makes your body stronger both on the inside and out.
• The balance is meant to be present between flexibility and strength and this results in stronger and leaner muscles.
• The six Pilates principles include: centring; concentration; control; precision; breath; flow.